Logic Pro X Mackie control 'Stop' issue when recording

Richard Lockett

Gear owned
DM3200 MU1000
I have my DM3200 working really nicely with Logic Pro X 10.7 on my M1 Macbook Air (I am using an ADAT audio interface from the desk for audio in and out of Logic, under 'remote' I have set up the DM as MC for Logic in both 'EXT. CTRL' and 'Machine CTRL') but when recording, the 'Stop' button on the DM3200 behaves oddly. Here is the workflow;

(On the DM3200 transport)
1. Press and hold 'Record'
2. Press 'Play' while still holding down 'Record' and release both buttons. Logic begins to record
3. Press 'Stop'. Logic continues to record but jumps back to the start point of the recording. Each press effectively moves the playhead back to the start of the recording and continues to record.

The only way around this is to tap the 'Record' button on it's own before I press 'Stop' (between step 2 and step 3). If I do this Logic stops as expected.

My question is can I change something to fix the workflow above? I know tapping the 'Record' button a second time as explained in my work-around isn't a biggie, but 'in the moment' while recording I often forget and swearing ensues! I have searched and have tried disabling 'key repeat' as suggested elsewhere on this forum but had no joy.

I have tested in Presonus Studio One and the DM 3200 (set to Cubase in remote) works exactly as expected.

Thanks in advance peeps!

Hi Richard,

Ofcourse it’s a little late to respond
Did you solved your problem?

The answer to this problem is:
Go to your remote settings in Logic and find your transport settings in the settingsmenu (you can find it by pressing “stop” or “record” while having the settingsmenu open)
Then uncheck the repeat key option. (At the bottom right)

now when you press it once, it will perform it’s task once

Reactions: Jerome Williams
Can some one tell me where is the remote setting in Logic? I'm having a hard time finding it.
thank you. I'm having this problem also.

Last edited:
in Logic, look in preferences -> control surface -> setup

not sure about the issue here or the fix, but thats where u set up the DM-4800 as a remote (control surface in Logic language). good luck!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.