Looking to purchase a Tascam Digital Portastudio DP-32 SD Mac

Sonorous

Hi guys.
Total newbie.

I'm looking at buying the DP-32SD, Just wanting to know if its supported by the latest mac OS Yosemite?
If not, would I still be able to plug the SD card into my mac and grab the mastered Audio file?

thanks.

On the PC side, when I connect the DP-24 via USB, the laptop treats it simply as an external storage device, so I would imagine it would be the same on the Mac side, as would the SD card, which is also seen as an external storage device.

Reactions: Sonorous
Thanks worked fine for me on my Yosemite mac.
Is it safe to simply delete wav files off the sd card using your computer?
Im not sure on how to delete previous takes, I literally have to create a *New song* and then I am able to delete the previous one.

Hi Sonorus...I'd be cautious about deleting individual files on the computer, as it may throw off the Tascam's indexing, which allows you to Undo an action.

As far as deleting individual takes, I generally replay a take that I don't like until I get it where I want it. If it's just a section of an overall good take, I'll punch in, play that part, then punch out, as it's easier than doing the whole take again.

I leave previous takes intact until I've made a mix that I'm pleased with, and then one of the last steps I do is select Delete Unused from the Song menu. This will delete the previous takes, and reduce the file size of the song. Do be aware that once you've deleted any unused takes, you won't have the safety net that Undo provides, so be sure you're satisfied before you delete them.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Sonorous
Thank you so much BobV55! Man this community is amazing thanks to people like yourself!

New threads

Members online