M-600. Help

Craig A Martin

Gear owned
M600, M3500, TRS 24
Hello. New to the forum.. Looking for all kinds of help with my M-600.. Yes I have a complete manual.. (I might even have 1 that I can share)..
I am looking for a source for extra parts, and snakes..
Having a little trouble with the patchbays, and routing.. Any help would be very much appreciated.. I received several boxes of snakes and patchbays.. I do not read schematics, so at that point i am disadvantaged.. Craig

Hi Craig,
The use of used snakes and that is just one of testing them to see if there are any defects that need to be taken care of before their use- that is usually broken wires in connectors or damage cables. The Mixer and Patch bay are easy to figure out but you need to determine the type that they are. There are 1/4" unbalanced, 1/4" balanced meaning TRS and then RCA which are unbalanced and then we enter into the 1/4" or Bantam patch bays that have normalized connections that break when you inter a cord. bantam cables and patch bays are smaller than 1/4" and will not work with those cables that are 1/4".
It is good to have an Engineer by that can help you understand all this stuff because it can be a lot to absorb from the ground level. I have built Radio Stations and home studios as well as serviced many so I have seen all kinds of configurations.

Thankx for the reply.. Tascam made specific audio snakes for these consoles.. So, partly I'm looking for *more*.. I have 9 patchbays.. All are 1/2normal.. They have internal jumpers for changing the configurations.. I can kinda figure cable routing, but.. I'm but good at it.. My tech guy is retiring.. He's gotten cranky.. Lol.. And at this point in life he can't even be bribed with money, AND beer to come by.my place.. Soooo…

Also.. I would like to find any of the following.. (In the US.).. M-700, M-600, M-5000.. Thanx

I have never seem those models myself. Maybe Jim has at shows he was at.
I have been out of Teac for a long time already and focus on fixing the older products.
I think I did fix a M3500 at a studio a couple of times. I think he sold it.

hellooo
how can i find the automation program for tascam m-5000

Hey Craig.There is a M-600 group on FB.They might have the info you need. Clayton Barton on there is very familiar with getting the M-600 working. I may have some of the OEM Tascam balanced DB-25 snakes. I do know I have M-600 TT patchbays and bunch of new TT patch cables. PM me if interested and I'll go find them

New threads

Members online