M3500 Cable

Adam_Davis

Gear owned
Tascam M3500 Console
Hello everyone! New here. First thread. I was given an M3500 console from a friend of mine. It's a 32 channel board with a full meter bridge. It is missing the cable that connects the power supply (PS3500) to the console. I'm sure there is a proper name for the cable itself, but I still have tons to learn. Can't seem to figure out the right place to look for something like this. I am also not getting power to the power supply but that may be a whole different thread. Trying to get this board in working order so I can sell it off and get some other gear I need. Thanks to anyone who reads this!

I hate to say it, but it may be near impossible to buy the cable. You could try Tascam Parts, but the chances are slim. One solution could be to hard wire the power supply to the console eliminating the plugs. Do you have the manual with the schematics? This will show the connections each end and help with the cable selection.

Regarding the power supply itself, how do you know there is no power getting to the power supply? Could it just be that the light is not working? Have you checked the fuses? Past this and you need to pop off the lid and check the internal voltage. How qualified are you with electronics?

Don't worry all is not lost at this stage LOL, welcome to the world of old analog gear.

Alan.

Reactions: Adam_Davis
Hello Allen! Thank you for replying to this thread! I do not have the manual or anything like that. I have seen some download links for a manual, but haven't tried that out yet. I will certainly see about that.

My minimal amount of knowledge led me to assume that I would hear the power supply in some sort of way once powered on. There were blown fuses that I did replace with new ones, but there wasn't any noticeable changes after attempting to power it on. I do have a voltmeter that I can use to check for voltage.

I really don't have knowledge in electronics beyond the occasional tinkering. Circuitry is something I am clueless about, but wish I understood. I am usually the guy who fixes things by way of YouTube. Lol!

Hi Adam,

I do have schematics for a M3700 power supply, they are similar to the M3500 power supply but has extra stuff (very technical I know) for the automation circuits. Send me a Personal message with your email and I'll send them to you. The schematics will let you know the pinout for the cable as well.

The power supply is silent, I just remembered it does not have a lit switch, I was thinking of the power amp I have that looks the same, so the only check is that there is voltage. You will need the schematics to see which pins to check across.

Cheers
Alan.

Reactions: Andrew Squires
Thank you very much for your help! I am going to message you now!

Hi Adam,

I do have schematics for a M3700 power supply, they are similar to the M3500 power supply but has extra stuff (very technical I know) for the automation circuits. Send me a Personal message with your email and I'll send them to you. The schematics will let you know the pinout for the cable as well.

The power supply is silent, I just remembered it does not have a lit switch, I was thinking of the power amp I have that looks the same, so the only check is that there is voltage. You will need the schematics to see which pins to check across.

Cheers
Alan.

New threads

Members online