mtommy84

Gear owned
Model 12; 464; 424
Hello guys!
I just got my hands on the Model 12.

Im having the following issue:
Model 12 is connected to a Mac via USB, running Logic pro as recording platform
I have a modular synth coming in as stereo to line 7/8
It appears that the quality of the output coming out of the Mac is inferior to the direct output coming out of the Phone 1 jack of the Model 12. Same quality problem happens if I use the Model 12 as the output interface of my Logic and line 1/2 set as USB. In this case the quality feels even worse.

I write below the flow:
(Synth)----Line 7/8----->(Model 12)-----Phone Jack 1 ----->(Headset) | Great punchy clean sound

(Synth)----Line7/8----->(Model 12)-----USB----->(Mac)-----3.5mm output----->(Headset) | Lower quality sound, not as defined and punch as the flow before (like an mp3)

(Synth)----Line7/8----->(Model 12)-----USB----->(Mac)-----USB----->(Model 12)-----Phone Jack 1 ----->(Headset) | even worse lower quality (like non well ripped mp3)

I checked the rate on the Audio midi settings and is properly set as input and output to 44.1 khz.
I tried to change the mixing option from pre comp to post eq, to see if there could be some difference, but nope.
I'm still running a version 1.11 and I will update tomorrow to 1.21, but I have already seen that there are no audio improvements.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you and have a great day!
T

Hmm ... I have a Model 16 interfaced with a MacBook Pro and I can't say I've had this same problem. Not exactly sure about your routing things back, though: the Model 16 is more of a traditional mixer in that sense that the Model 12. Sorry that's not helpful, but another perspective for you, maybe?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.