Main Output From CPU

Stephan Morrison

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Tascam Model 12 User here.

Can the main output from my CPU be switched from Tascam 's default CH 1-2 to Stereo Ch 9-10? Mixer is being used as an audio interface in this instance. Playing audio from Youtube or other host applications only results in audio routing to Channels 1-2 so main CPU audio is being mixed down to mono. Hmm... Any ideas?

Only option is to pan Ch 1 L and Ch 2 R if I am understanding this correctly?

Stephan,

You can pan channel 1 hard left and channel 2 hard right to get your computer's output in stereo.

To route to other channels instead requires 3rd-party software like ASIO Link Pro (now available free) https://give.academy/downloads/2018/03/03/ODeusASIOLinkPro/ I had to watch a few YouTube videos to figure out how to use it, but it does work. Normally I don't bother though and just use the default channels 1 & 2.

Hope this helps,
Alan

Alright so, update... the issue now: If I use Ch 1 and 2 hard panned as my main audio interface output, my headphone mix is still mono....hmm. Any solutions or ideas out there folks?

Thanks.

Edit: I am using the proper headphone adapters

Last edited:
Do you have channels 1 and 2 routed to the master bus? If you're listening via the Aux 1/2 buses they are mono. The solo bus is kind-of stereo, but it picks up before the pan so it's essentially mono in this context. Check you don't have anything that's activating the PFL/AFL light.

God bless you man. This is the solution to my mono headphone problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I submitted a request to Tascam to have options on Windows to change interface input :( We shall see.

Windows drivers are limited. Tascam can't give you that option without using an ASIO driver.

That looks like an ASIO driver for sure! I would have to dive into the software to see what's up.

Good point -- if using an ASIO-capable program like a DAW (I use Reaper) I'm able to send audio directly to any channel 1 through 10. Your DAW may be slightly different, but in Reaper I had to:

1) Pick the ASIO audio system, then Model Mixer ASIO driver -- may seem obvious, but Reaper can also use the Windows drivers (not that you'd want to do that).
2) Set it to 12 inputs, 10 outputs
3) Set the master channel to send to hardware output 9 & 10 instead of 1 & 2 (no panning necessary on 7/8 or 9/10)

Correct. Thanks for your input, but the problem i am having is the inability to choose 9/10 for my main sound output from my Windows settings... changing my Windows sound output not just to the interface, but to specific channels. To which I added, Mac has this capability to specify channels (if your interface has multiple channels) directly in a Mac's sound preferences. Hope that makes sense.

Hm, maybe Tascam could expand on the Mixermap software, and add custom routing options, not just the ability to change sample rate and quality?

I switch my main out in logic to 21/22 on my model 24 but can seem to route back logic track to the track 1 and 2 .

New threads

Members online