Microphone effects

David R

Gear owned
DP-24 Digital Portastudio
Hi Everyone,
I am having problems with my mic effects on my new DP 24. The volume fluctuates low and high, phasing in and out, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I can't seem to get any effects at all. Please help me, desperate. Thank you! David

Hey Dave, I also am having a problem on my DP 32.. Nothing I do seems to work , Also I can't even get the effects to work on the Tascam Demo..
I've bought all new equipment to set up a NEW studio and the DP32 won't do anything in the effects area..

Sorry and concerned to hear about your DP32 effects issue. I was planning on ordering one before the sale runs out 12/31/14. Just curious, are you using a high quality sd card. I never realized there were different grades of quality and price to sd cards. I hope it works out for you. Please keep us posted.

RPK

Robert, The problems here are my own being digitally challenged LOL.. I managed to find someone locally who knew some of the nuts & bolts on the DP24/32 and gained some ground in recording. 1st I wasn't assigning the effects to the mic.
Then when that was figured out next we found the Factory supplied SD Card was at fault. Bought a San Disc 32 card scanned it and wala Bingo....First recording was acheived...I'm using the Cardioid MXL 990 XL Mic. Has a decent sound..

Glad it is working out. Keep us posted with your recording results.

Talk about "digitally challenged"? I just downloaded a trial version of Reaper.
I'm amazed that I can actually record some tracks with it.

Good luck, RPK

Thanks everyone for your help, and to those having the problems in getting started...I say this..Assign, Assign, Assign your effects to the track intended...otherwise your dead in the water.. I will be posting other issues as they come up.. as I haven't had time to get any further in using the DP 32...Love it so far...Thanks again! 12-11-14

Members online