-mjk-

Staff member
From
Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
Website
phoenixmediaforge.com
Gear owned
DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
It seems in every message thread, that the very last post is missing the quote function. I can leave a reply to the thread in the text field below, but I cannot quote the last post in the thread. The "Like" button is still there however. Is that a bug or a feature?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about this - but it seems that there is some time that has to elapse before the quote feature becomes available on any given post.

Perhaps a moderator can correct me on that or add some clarification.

Reactions: -mjk-
thanks for the reply David.

Late to the party. @-mjk- the quote button is disabled for the first and last post of a thread to stop people from turning every reply into a quote. It's a feature. :D

You can still quote manually by using the quote button in the toolbar, or you can use @ to tag the person and send them a notification.

Thanks DJ X. I did not know about the Quote button in the toolbar! Makes sense.

Ah, good to know. I always thought something was broken..

EDIT: Still strikes me as strange though, that my own reply has the quote option (as it's the last message) and not -mjk-'s post above me..

2nd EDIT: Now mine and -mjk-'s posts have no quote option?

Reactions: -mjk-
@Arjan P That's because when you reply to a thread, the page is not fully reloaded by the browser (this is to make the forum faster). Once the page is reloaded, the Quote button disappears from the last post.

I like replying to this thread exactly once a year. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.