Missing .wav files

popnfresche

Gear owned
DP-24
Apologies if this has been posted before. I searched the threads and was unable to find a similar issue.

I am connecting to the DP24 via USB from my laptop to save song directories and the wavefiles within. In trying to keep down the size of each song, I keep a journal of the zz00xy_z associated with each recorded wav file. I use Windows Explorer to delete and zz file I know that that I don’t want. My query is wanting confirmation that is a legit way to do be doing this and does the .sys file automatically update all it needs to. I have run into a few issues with sudden file error and missing .wav files basically ruining the song. This same process of deleting files has also been totally fine and not caused an issue with other songs. I have noticed that if I delete a current zz wavefile associated with Track 1, the DP24 doesn’t automatically use the last zz wav file associated with track 1.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No, it isn't. It's unreasonable to expect the DP-24 to figure out what you did on the PC. Let the DP_24 manage its files. If all you're trying to do is release space, then read page 42 of your manual. In essence ... MENU | SONG | select song | F4 | DELETE UNUSED | confirm

If you just want a backup, then copy the entire MUSIC directory (or just the SONG_xxxx you want) to the PC. But if you're looking to work with the song on the PC you should do an EXPORT instead. This will place only the active WAVs (eg, V-tracks, punches, partial tracks) into the AudioDepot folder, and will pad the silent spaces so everything lines up as it should.

Members online