Mixdown to audio cassette

Aaron henderson

Hey, knowledgeable types! My Roland workstation died hard last week after a LONG run... I’ve looked through these forums everywhere, but what I need to know (don’t care about internet music at all) is can these units mixdown via the rca stereo output? I just want to keep making cassette tapes. Thanks I’m advance, if this is the way I go these forums will be a super valuable spot.

Last edited:
Yes.

Personally, I wouldn't mix directly to cassette, but the RCA outputs are a post-fader stereo bus output and can be used with any device with a line level analog input.

I agree with mj. I'd mix and master on the portastudio, then just use the stereo bus to dupe the master to tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks much for the replies... please note, I don’t have the correct words, but I have searched ALOT of mauals to find what it is I need, and this helps me make the right decision... that is exactly what I want to do. I’m sure if I buy this (which I likely will order today) I’ll be super obnoxious here with inane questions!! :)

Just run the stereo outs into the stereo ins on a deck

Thanks much for the replies... please note, I don’t have the correct words, but I have searched ALOT of mauals to find what it is I need, and this helps me make the right decision... that is exactly what I want to do. I’m sure if I buy this (which I likely will order today) I’ll be super obnoxious here with inane questions!! :)

Welcome to the Tascam Forums Aaron. You can lower the obnoxious scale by reading all the sticky posts (pinned at the top of the forum) and especially DP-24/32/SD New Members: Please Read This First | TASCAM Forums. Right out of the box you're going to have to update the firmware and confirm that you have an approved SD card, before you even begin recording. Watch all of the tutorial videos and you should be good to go.

There are a number of forum users who don't search for solutions - they just post questions and expect instant answers, even though the answers are already there. The New Users sticky post shows how to search the forum, and I even added that link to my sig.

Thanks, mjk, duly noted. It was actually tutorials that led me here for answers, I started the slog before I even found this forum… super helpful, I just literally could not find in the videos or comments (anywhere) if I could get what I wanted out of the machine. It’s ordered now, so here we go!

Reactions: dctdct and -mjk-

New threads

Members online