Mixing "out of the box" - DM-4800 & Cubase 6

CrossEyedHenry

From
Northern Kentucky, USA
Gear owned
DM-4800
Hello,
I've had my DM-4800 for several years and have always mixed "in the box", using Cubase's efx,comps,etc.. I know this subject has been covered extensively but I'd like to experiment with mixing "out of the box" - routing Cubase's signal back into the DM-4800, via the IF-FW/DM MKII, using the DM's EQ/Comps/efx and faders, then sending a stereo mix out of the DM back into Cubase.
Would someone be able provide me with step by step routing documentation on how to do this? Thank you so much, in advance, for your help! This site (and the former site) have always been such a tremendous help to me !! CEH

Basic concept:
1. Route FW inputs to channels in your DM
2. Send tracks from your DAW to different FW channels
3. Route STEREO of your DM to FW outputs (recoomend out 31&32)
4. Create a new stereo track in your DAW and select it's iput as FW 31/32
5. Record-arm your track and hit REC

More discussion about topic:
DM-4800 with firewire best practice

Here's my default DM-4800 configuration (described in topic above):
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jvarjoti/dm/Default.tpi

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Reactions: Shmark
Yeah, what Jarno said. Only difference in my case is that I play tracks from Cubase and record in WaveLab at the same time (using ch 31-32 indeed).

Thanks Jarno and Arjan ! Would you be able to post screenshots of Basic Concept steps 1, 2 & 3 ? I should be able to handle steps 4 & 5. :) Also, I'm not familiar with .tpi files. When I double click on it all it does is open the Companion software. Should I be importing the file somehow? I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks again for your help. CEH

.tpi file is a file containing a configuration (ie. "PROJECT" ... routings, settings, etc) of your DM. You can send it to your DM using Tascam Mixer Companion software and then load it as your DM's project.

Anyway ... here's some screenshots ...
Inputs from DAW to DM's channels:
Addawak-02-input1.png

STEREO output back to your DAW:
out-31-32.png

New threads

Members online

No members online now.