Model 12 - Ableton - Help?

Dan Rose

Gear owned
Not enough Model 12
Hi and thanks for letting me join. My intent w/the model 12 is to use it as an interface to record with Ableton - I have it hooked up, controls all work, but I'm getting no sound from mics or other plugged into the Tascam and none are showing as actually inputting into Ableton, even though the mic is showing as inputing on the model 12 - if I switch the line-in to Live it works so I know the mic and model 12 are working, but setting up to the model 12 as the audio input, switch channel on "PC", and then to the ext in the channel strip of Ableton, and no go - nothing - what am I missing? Seems like no combination of setup will allow me to input an audio signal - again sliders/faders - all working...I see some folks use ASIO vs the other - is that the clue - I can't get it to work on that either...?

I see some others have had fun figuring this out but I haven't seen a posted answer and I'm beyond frustrated - can anyone help?

Thanks -

Last edited:
May be an obvious point, but I think in Ableton you need to enable your inputs (1-12) and outputs in preferences, don't you? Have you done that? They should be available in the track dropdowns after that.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.