Model 12 and Logic Pro X issue

Fisherob

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hello, I have been racking my brain as to why I can not get the software to record. Here is what I did.
1) Install Logic Pro X 10.6.1
2) Configured Model 12 DAW using Mackie-Logic
3) Configured Logic Pro Audio to Model 12 on input and output
4) Configured Logic Pro Control Surface Output port and Input Port to Model 12 Daw Control Out and Model 12 Daw Control In
5) All Modes set to PC

That should take care of the configuring part.

In Logic Pro I choose File, New, I choose Audio, Then Audio input 3 because my acoustic guitar is plugged in, Audio output is set to Output 1 and 2. I think this is where the model 12 plays back.
All of the modes are set to PC.

When the Audio 1 track appears even though I choose audio Input 3 the fader on the Tascam is controlled by strip 1 and 2 if that makes sense and the record button on the Tascam is a solid red.

If I Play the guitar I can see on the Tascam Chanel 3 Gan Sig light comes on. If I Press record to arm the track in Logic Pro channel 1 strip record button starts blinking. No control functions on Channel 3.

What am I missing? I am so confused! I have watched countless setup videos and can not get it to work. It's probably something simple that I just can't figure out. I just want to record tracks into Logic Pro and listen to them back through the Tascam Model 12. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a bit of a noob myself, but if your guitar is on channel 3, and channel 3 is set to PC then the *input* to the channel 3 strip is coming from the PC. The Mode switch controls the input to the channel. Your guitar is lighting up the signal light OK, but that signal is not going to the strip. Try changing the Mode control to Live/Direct.

Yes I thought the same thing and tried it in live mode and still unable to get the track to respond. I am puzzled

Yea made sure of that. I know I’m missing something and I just can’t figure it out. I can’t record anything using it as a DAW which is what I bought it for.

I finally found what the issue was. I tried to find an update for the software. After research I found out that the Logic Pro x can only be updated from the App Store on the MAC. I am unable to update due to the fact that I bought it on slickdeals.com. After talking with Apple support the consider it a pirated software therefore will not work. I was able to get a refund and purchased it off the App Store and wouldn’t you know it everything works. Per Apple support this has been a severe issue with them. Some logic may work but some may not. I’m good to go and plus there will be no issue getting updates.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.