Model 12 and sp404 master output question

makaman

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hey guys

New to the model 12 just received it today, I want to run the master output of the model 12 through my SP404 MK2 so I can apply the vinyl sim to the entire output of the track. I've tried running it through the sub way but when I apply the channels I want to be effected by the sub the effects on the SP work but its really poor quality and don't actually work as intended.

I was thinking if I hooked up XLR cables to the master output and ran them into the SP404 input then the SP404 output to my speakers this would make sure the entire audio being recorded on the model 12 is going out via the XLR monitor inputs into the SP404 which will apply the effects I want then out into my headphones / speakers.

not rlly sure how to explain it but when using it via the sub I had to adjust the volume on the sp404 to hear the effects and it would just really distort the sound and the effect you could hear faintly but wouldn't actually work... like if I used dj effects looper and adjusted the speed the drums would still play and you'd hear a faint speed effect in the background that is really distorted for example.

Do you think running it through the XLR cables would fix this and give me the desired effect of having the entire audio run through the sp404 ?

Hi @makaman,
I would recommend you to check your output level onModel 12 and input sensitivity/gain on SP404. The Model 12 output can be hot provided your tracks were recorded at a suitable level (tipically -12 dB) and undistorted, if the SP404 is not set accordingly you could easily encounter noise and/or distortion.

New threads

Members online