Model 12 as interface for two devices at the same time?

Patrick Gescheidle

From
Montana
Gear owned
DR-40, Model 16
Is it possible to use a USB splitter and have the Model 12 connected to my MPC One & my computer?
I use my MPC One with the Model 12 to send digital outputs to the mixer. I'm wondering if I could then also send those channels straight into my DAW without disconnecting the MPC and reconnecting to my computer by using a USB splitter of some sort.
Probably not possible but figured I'd ask.

Have you found a solution for this yet?

No. However, I've learned that when you use the Models as an audio interface, it only gives you 2 channels anyway. It would really just be useful for recording in a whole session on a single track, but you can't multitrack from the Model into a DAW. At least, I don't think you can.
What I'll be doing instead is just recording my sessions onto my SD card and then pulling the stems off of that for Ableton mix downs. It's one extra step but at the end of the day it's really not that much work.

Actually, it will allow you to record all 12 channels at once as a USB interface.

you can but you lose access to the Eq knobs in PC mode, I believe if you have the slider set to direct usb you have access but if you aren't diligent where the direct/PC switch is located your going to get hit with some serious feed back if the recording is armed in your daw

New threads

Members online

No members online now.