Model 12 DAW controller for Reaper issue (Mac)

stetso

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hi there,

I have read the manual/s over and over and the instructional videos in the sticky but I am stumped on this issue and would appreciate any assistance.

I am using the Model 12 as DAW controller for Reaper and it functions as it should as a controller, but I am unable to get the DAW audio to come back into the Model 12 via 1/2 when set to PC mode.

Device in preferences is set to Model 12 and that all looks fine. Project sample rate in Reaper is 48kHz to match device. I have the inputs 1/2 set to PC mode and the master hardware output of the master channel in Reaper is set 1/2 to match. But no sound.

I should say that I can get sound through 1/2 from USB when not in DAW control mode playing files though VLC.

Anybody know what might be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Check your routing in Reaper and make sure that your master bus is going to those channels.

Thanks for the reply.

So I'm pretty sure the routing is all correct. Every track is going into the master bus which is then set on its audio hardware output to channels 1/2, which should correspond to 1/2 on the Model 12 (?).

Level indicator on the master in Reaper is showing signal.

Channels 1/2 Model 12 set to PC.

Last edited:
Reaper, Control + P (preferences) / Devices:

What is set for the output device, and are the number of channels correctly set?

Thanks,

Here is a screenshot showing output device selected as Model 12.

image.png

However, when I look in Audio Midi Setup it seems to show everything as greyed out and I can't bring up the sliders -

image.png

Thank you for your help so far as this is clearly the issue - any idea as to what is causing the computer to recognise the device this way?

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 4.21.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 4.21.36 pm.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 1
It seems I have found a solution through Audio Midi setup: I needed to create a new multi-output device (bottom right + sign), select Model 12 and then tick the 'use' box -

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 4.53.53 pm.png

Once I did that I went back into Reaper preferences>device and selected 'multi-output device' then hey presto, audio.

Thanks -mjk- for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: AltTuning
@stetso I can't take credit for that. I'm very Mac unaware but I did figure that it was in the Reaper setup and not the routing. As it turns out, it was a system setting, completely outside of the DAW. Thanks for updating the thread as it really helps the knowledge base. Glad you got it working. Now, go make some music! :D

New threads

Members online

No members online now.