Model 12 DAW Controller no sound

kent johnson

Gear owned
Model12
Hi all,
I have tried to set up my Tascam Model 12 as a DAW controller for Ableton Live11.
Faders and other controls are interacting with Ableton.
Ableton sends to channel 1-2 but there's no sound from Model12.
If I exit DAW-controller then there's sound. Firmware is 1.3.
Send point is POST EQ on all channels.
I have tried mode PC or Live.
Everything else works fine.

What can be wrong.?

I can see that signal is coming to channel 1-2 via the LEDs on the compressor but it's not forwarded to the output unless I Exit DAW controller mode. Something is wrong internally in Model12.

So I guess nothing was "wrong internally in Model 12". ;)

Reactions: Logrinn and -mjk-
I am trying to solve this same issue.
What does this mean "DAW-controller only works with Main Output"?

Almost nearly the same issue as the OP, but the Main Outputs or the Aux doesn't work in Daw-Controller mode.

I am Using the Tascam Model 12 as a DAW controller for Ableton Live 10 on a Mac. The faders and other controls are working correctly with Ableton, but I am not able to hear any sound, even from the AUX. When I exit the DAW controller, the sound is restored. I have tried all the outputs, including the Main Output.

What am I missing?

Thanks in the advance!

When I had my monitors connected to sub output while in DAW control mode I couldn't hear anything.I got myself new cables with xlr-contacts so I could connect the monitors to Main output instead and that solved my issue.

I've tried XLR cables. The db lights in the Screen operation section aren't even lighting up ... makes me wonder if there is something faulty with mine.

Have you pushed in the buttons 'Main' on channel 1-2?

Last edited:
Yup, it's always the equipment. And sometimes the equipment fixes itself. That usually correlates with the operator obtaining additional information and experience. Funny how that works.

I found it emotionally safer to blame the device until I figured it out :)

The main buttons pressed on 1/2 worked!
I wished they had some kind of light feedback on the button that they are on.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
I found it emotionally safer to blame the device until I figured it out :)

I can see your point on that, lol.

The main buttons pressed on 1/2 worked!
I wished they had some kind of light feedback on the button that they are on.

Thank you for posting the solution so that it can help others going forward! Not every button has an LED and in a dark room that could be a real issue.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.