Model 12 in DAW Mode with Reaper--No Surface Controls

Derricck

Gear owned
Tascam Model12
Hello everyone!
I'm new here to the forums. If anyone can help me troubleshoot with my model 12 used as a DAW control in Reaper. I have used my model 12 for two years as its own recorder, but recently wanted to use it in DAW mode. So I downloaded Reaper DAW and updated the firmware for my model 12--by watching Tascam's instruction video on Youtube. My problem is no Surface Controls are showing in Reaper. The Stop, Play, and Record buttons Do work on the Tascam. I can push the play button on the Tascam and the Play-head on the Reaper screen on my PC will start moving. But no Surface Controls on Reaper are showing. I do remember soon after I configured the MIDI in properties getting a message saying something about Surface Controls--but I didn't know what Surface Controls in Reaper were at that moment. Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks!

According to this document, all Model 12 DAW functions are available in Reaper: https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/Model12_DAW_Controls.pdf

You mentioned that you downloaded Reaper, so I take it you are not familiar with Reaper? There are some of here that use Reaper but this is not the Reaper forum. You have to go to Reaper preferences and add the Model 12 as a remote surface. If you've done that already I suggest you post on the Reaper forum and see if anyone is doing what you need to do with Reaper.

FYI in Reaper preferences, in the lower left corner is a search field to help you find the parameter you are looking for.

Reactions: Derricck
Thank you -mjk-! I'll see if I can add model 12 as remote surface and see if that works. Also I'll go find the Reaper forum. Oh, and no, I'm not familiar with Reaper. I'm jumping in a learning.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.