Model 12 Inputs 1 and 2 not receiving audio

Michael-M

Gear owned
Model 12
Just started today after working fine since getting the unit in June.

No problem though with audio coming in from the computer when using USB, probably because the inputs are bypassed in this mode.

No matter what I plug into those inputs no volume comes through even with the Gain at max, MODE set to LIVE, using a 1/4” plug, output volume on other unit at max.

I read through the manual to see if there is anything specific to inputs 1 and 2 being affected by other (random) settings and didn’t find anything.

Anyone here experience this or something similar? I did look for a couple of hours for related posts but didn’t gleen any possible solutions.

Would a system reset possibly resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Does channels 3, 4, and so on work?
If - let’s say channel 3 - works, is there any settings that differ between channel 1 and channel 3?

Hi Logrinn,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, all other channels work, the settings the are same across all channels including 1 and 2.

USB is not connected so I know that’s not interfering.

Correct, nothing plugged into the inserts. 1/4” plugs in the combo jacks on all channels.

Yeah, channels 1 and 2 totally dead with regard to any thing plugged into the combo jacks. Audio coming in from the computer is fine.

Haven't been able to figure it out after days and days of checking settings, fader, knob, button combinations.

I've put in a support request with Tascam; hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

I heard back from Tascam. I've shipped the Model 12 to the repair facility. The repair tech there told me he'll probably have it for three months because that's how long it takes to get the replacement parts from China.

It seems like they're approaching it solely from a hardware standpoint whereas I think the software should also be looked at. The combo jacks stopped working after exiting DAW controller mode.

Channels 1 and 2 are used for returning audio from the computer when in controller mode. Makes me wonder if a trigger/switch in the software permanently left 1 and 2 in PC mode when exiting DAW controller mode. I told this to the Tascam Support guy but I think his job is to only say "send it to our repair facility".

The repair tech there told me he'll probably have it for three months because that's how long it takes to get the replacement parts from China.

They should send it back to you so you can use it until the parts arrive. China/US logistics are a big mess right now.

Makes me wonder if a trigger/switch in the software permanently left 1 and 2 in PC mode when exiting DAW controller mode.

If that were the case, a factory reset should have cleared that.

They should send it back to you so you can use it until the parts arrive. China/US logistics are a big mess right now.

I didn't know about the logistics mess. I bought a DP-24SD in its place. If the Model 12 does get repaired then I will probably put it up on Reverb and keep the DP; I'm kind of liking it more.

If that were the case, a factory reset should have cleared that.
That's what I thought too but the factory reset didn't work.

Reactions: -mjk-
That's what I thought too but the factory reset didn't work.

That very much validates your decision to send it back because it seems like a hardware failure.

Off topic: things are so bad that shipping to the US now involves booking in 3 metric ton allotments. I just sent 6MT to a US customer and it took 2 allotments, along a Bill of Lading and fixed costs for each. That effectively doubled my customers fixed costs which normally would be spread across the entire shipment. This is a total rip off that the shipping companies are now implementing, and it has to stop. If this is allowed to continue it will crash the world economy as prices for everything go up. I just ordered some new music gear that was in stock because (if you haven't already noticed) most things at the big distributors are out of stock. They won't be getting new stock for at least 90 to 120 days in most cases. Some manufacturers are announcing $300 price increases on larger items. I've never seen anything like it before. Things like add-on cards and accessories are all but impossible to get.

A friend of mine has been trying to buy a Model 12 here for months here in The Netherlands, but nowhere to obtain. Most resellers don't even publish an 'expected' estimate..

Reactions: -mjk-
Maybe we should start a general chat topic on this. We have a similar one on behringer.world.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.