Model 12 inputs

Mike Dee

Gear owned
Model 12
Wish these had assignable inputs.
I generally use one mono source for all tracks, anybody know of a quality splitter- more than three outputs- so all I would need to do is arm the needed track, without having to replug into every individual track input?

Don't know about a splitter, but what you can do on the Model 12 - which you can't on the Model 16 or 24 - is to connect to one input, let's say #1, record on to track #1, and then move this recording to track #2. You can then repeat this - still connected to input #1 - record on to track #1, but then move that recording to track #3 and so on.
So no need to replug.

I understand that, but that is more time consuming than just moving my source to the new track.
I'll explain.
A lot of units will allow you to have your source plugged into say, track 1.
You record your track, then when you want to record to track 2, instead of pulling your cable out and plugging into track 2, you assign input 1, what you are already plugged in to, to record to a different track i.e. 2-6. so you do not have to physically move the cable to a different track.
My idea is to get a splitter that is 1 in, 6 out, so all of the inputs already have the same source feeding them, and all I need to do is disarm the the recorded track, and arm the next track I want to record to without having to plug in, or unplug any cables.
This would, at least to me, make it easier to keep specific input, fx, and eq settings exactly where they where when recorded, so if I need to do any punches or anything else, the settings are exactly where they were when the track was recorded.
I appreciate your reply.

Reactions: mixerizer
great suggestions above - If you are sure u just wanna mult the same source to up to 6 outputs (and then wire each into a successive mixer input as you describe), u can use a Rane SM-26. handy little box for custom submixes, auxes and/or mults.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
https://reverb.com/item/39264631-smokin-amp-co-active-3-channel-buffered-splitter
I saw this on reverb.com, contacted the maker, and am having him build me one with 6 outputs.
Im not worried about loops, or hums because it will all be from one source.
I am using the stereo inputs for my drum kit, and a mic'ed + direct acoustic.
He assured me no signal degradation, but I will have to see for myself.
If anybody is interested, ill give my opinion on it after a shake-down.
Thanks for all the interest.

New threads

Staff online

Members online