Model 12 - Internal effects suddenly not audible?

PJ Shea

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi all, pardon the probably-noob question…

I recently got a Model 12, and the internal effects seemed to have just stopped working, for no apparent reason. I feel like there’s got to be a super simple setting I’m missing or something, but I’ve gone through the menus a hundred times, checked the manual, searched online, and searched this forum…

I have an effect selected, the Aux 1 (although I checked Aux 2 as well, just in case) knob on the channel turned up, the fader on the effects section is up and being sent to MAIN… what am I missing here?

Oh, I also did a “factory reset”, although it didn’t seem like much of a real reset/reboot. I think it just changed all the settings back to what they were. Either way, that didn’t have any effect on the internal effects.

Problem solved. Just in case anyone else came across this issue, it was due to me plugging in an effect pedal into Aux 2 by mistake (I thought it was the non-internal effects aux, Aux 1). Because this is the Aux channel that the internal effects live on, it disables them when something is plugged in.

Thanks for posting the solution @PJ Shea. Some won't post the solution because they did something embarrassing. We always appreciate the followup because it benefits the knowledge base.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.