Model 12 Menu not working and screen blank

Michael Armstrong

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this.

I have had my new Model 12 for three days. The first two and 3/4 days were excellent - loved the board and it worked a treat. Now, in the middle of working on a project, the screen has become stuck on a "white"/blank screen and the menu button is not responding. Surprisingly the board itself is still responsive but without the menu there are obviously serious limits. Any suggestions? Do I need to send it back for repair/replacement? I've tried the obvious turn it off and on again, pulled out power etc but nothing I can think of (or have found online) appears to have worked.

Any advice for a distressed user would be appreciated.

Have you gotten any responses or read any “fixes” anywhere else? To me, this seems like a reason to contact your dealer immediately and get it replaced. If it’s new, it’s under warranty and worth taking care of any problems properly.

Reactions: -mjk-
We had a Model 24 user report that pressing the jog wheel down while powering up did a reset. It's worth trying to see if that works on the Model 12. Please report the results.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Holding down the jog wheel while pressing the << button and powering on will force it into firmware update mode. There will be no firmware update, of course, but that might shock it into doing something.

I'd also try taking the SD card out and rebooting.

These are guesses, and if they don't work I think it's buggered...sorry.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online