Model 12 MIDI Controller Not Working With Logic Pro X

rbacon

Gear owned
TASCAM Model 12
I have setup the Model 12 for audio and as a MIDI control surface in Logic on my macbook, as described in the manual and in the TASCAM videos online. I am able to record tracks and hear the audio playback through the Model 12 in my headphones and monitors. However, the MIDI Controller does not control the tracks in Logic. In other words, adjusting the faders, EQ, Mute, or other buttons/switches on the Model 12 does not adjust the tracks in Logic.

Model 12 firmware v 1.30 008

Logic Pro X version 10.7.2

Macbook Pro | macOS Big Sur 11.6.4
2.5GHz quad core Intel Core i7
16 GB mem

Steps:
  1. Updated to the latest version of Model 12, Macbook OS, and Logic Pro X
    1. Verified support of the macbook hardware, macOS Big Sur, and Logic on the tascam website
  2. Setup Model 12 -> Logic Pro X
    1. USB C to USB direct to computer, no USB hub (using the provided USB-C to USB-A able)
    2. Set channels 1 and 2 to PC mode, channel 3 to Live
    3. Installed TASCAM Model Mixer software on Mac- ran and the test for compatibility ran successfully
    4. Put Model 12 into DAW mode, selected MCU - Logic
  3. Logic Setup
    1. Set Model 12 as Input and Output
    2. Control Surface - Added/Installed new Mackie Control. Set Output Port to "Model 12 MIDI OUT" and Input to "Model 12 MIDI IN"
    3. Set Project sample rate 20 48Khz, same on the Model 12
  4. Removed Nektar keyboard controller after failing to configure Model 12
I've tried this several times, following the provided instructions and the official videos online.

I’m having the same issue and can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.

SOLVED: I was able to get it working. I noticed that when setting the Model 12 into DAW Mode that it was not staying in in DAW mode. I upgraded the Model 12 firmware again (which I had already done) but this time it will stay in DAW mode and the faders, buttons, and nobs all seem to work with Logic.

As manual says, the controller aspect of the device is very basic. I think it will take some time to figure how to use it effectively, if at all, for my particular workflow.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.