Model 12 on Unsupported OS X

atom.jack

Gear owned
Porta One, Two, and 07
Greetings everyone,

A couple months ago I decided to replace and streamline my tedious analog -> digital converter setup to a Tascam Model 12. I had been using an offline Mac Pro running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard for all my productions, and after reading the driver requirements (10.11) for the M12, without hesitation I upgraded to 10.14 High Sierra

Last week I dug out my old 2010 Macbook running 10.9 and tried to see what would happen if I plugged in the M12. Right away, the 12i/10o were recognized by Audio MIDI setup, and audio comes out 1/2 as intended. I started recording tracks without a hitch, and was able to route audio back out to the faders the way I like. I haven't tried using DAW control yet. I'm sure there is some common CoreAudio knowledge behind why this works, but now I'm regretting having to migrate to a newer OS. Is there anyone who has experience running the M12 on older software and would I run into any problems recording and mixing a full 44,1khz 24-bit project without having the Model Mixer software installed?

Last edited: