Model 12: Only Receiving Audio in Solo

Jkstrang9

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hey,

Just hooked up the Model 12 for the first time and was trying to record audio from a synth into a track.

I know the signal is reaching track 1 but only when I press the solo button.

But why can’t I hear the audio outside of solo?

First time using the Model 12 so this may be very silly question.

If it helps with the diagnosis, I’m not connected to a computer, I’m sending midi from the Tascam to trigger an MC-707.

I know that I had to go into the menu to activate Midi, so I guess it’s possible I’m missing something important in the menu, but it seems kind of odd that I would have to dive into the menu to hear audio on the main mixer.

thank you

Is that channel assigned to the main or sub?

And is the Main/Aux 1/2-Phones button out, ie assigned to the Main? If it's depressed it's assigned to the Aux path and you need to turn up that on every channel you want to monitor.

If you're wanting to monitor through the main, make sure the channels/tracks are set to main. Make sure the phones are set to main. Make sure the aux are not set to AFL. Pretty much anything that turns on the PFL/AFL led next to the screen means you won't be able to listen through the main. I don't know enough to properly explain however, but I was having the same issue at the beginning. I think that this is the post that illuminated the situation for me:

https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/new-model-12-user-no-sound-through-headphones-confused.8390/

New threads

Members online