Model 12 operating issues

colorado Hick

Gear owned
tascam 16x08
Hey folks,
I used my brand new model 12 for the first time last night. During the sound check things were going well, but then all of a sudden (there might have been a power cord bumped) I was not getting any signal on any of the channels. I had 6 mics plugged in and none of them were showing me the green signal light and there was nothing coming through the mix. It was like this for 5 panic minutes. The LED menu was still working. I powered it off and went out to the car to grab my backup, and when I came back in I turned the board back on and the signals were back and everything worked as expected.
Is there some sort of setting that I could have inadvertently activated that would disable all of the mic inputs? I would think that even if I had something muted or things were not routed correctly the signal / clip indicator would still work, right? I did have an SD card in (that ended up recording successfully) but there was not a computer hooked up.
I hate not knowing what happened...

@colorado Hick are your mikes phantom powered? Then it could have been a momentary loss of power. I don't recall any operation on the Model 12 that can disable the live inputs AND be cancelled by power cycle. Normally menu operations are saved when confirmed, and switches can't be undone by power cycle. It could have been a spike in the mains or a less-than-ideal connection somewhere between the mains and the Model 12 power socket. But if you got a lemon -hopefully not- just verify accurately any single function of your Model and if you suspect a failure get it replaced. Tell you by experience.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.