Model 12 - PC audio flowing through Mic

Chris Wright

Gear owned
Model 12
This is my first time using equipment like this, so I’m sorry if this is a silly question.

For context, I just want to use the Model 12 for PC gaming (use my studio mic).

I can't seem to separate the audio coming from the PC from the Mic itself. For example, when I play a song on Spotify, I can see the mic audio in setting is moving (the mic is picking up the computer audio and in turn, that's what people on the other end hear). Is there a way to eliminate that on the mixer so that I can hear PC audio and have the mic separate?

I have channels 1 & 2 on PC and I plugged the mic into 3, and changed it to live. Each of them have "main" clicked down. I have the studio monitor headphone plugged into "phones one" on the top right of the mixer and the USB setting, as suggested in the PDF guide, is set to Stereo Mix and NOT Multi Input (maybe that's the issue?). In addition, the "post record" is clicked down.

The setting on my pc, for both input and output, reflect “Model 12.”

Would it just be easier to use headphones plugged directly into the PC or is there a way to utilize the mixer for everything without this issue?

Agreed. Same issues. Why is the routing of PC audio constrained to Channel 1 and 2??? It's seeming clear to me this isn't an all-in-one solution. My old scarlett can handle a mic and PC audio just fine.

In general, when you only have 2 channels of audio it's because the audio system being used is not multichannel ASIO. That usually means either the OEM driver isn't installed, or ASIO isn't selected as the audio source.

Quote: "Why is the routing of PC audio constrained to Channel 1 and 2???"

Actually it's NOT. But you have to have the ASIO drivers installed, AND then change the CHANNEL OUTPUTS in your DAW so they goes to the channels you want on the Model12/16/24. And the channels on Model12/16/24 that you want the sound to come from should be set to PC on the MODE selector switch. I have Model 24, and usually I route incoming sound from PC/DAW to channel 19/20. For example to use the mixer as a straight "soundcard" just to listen to music or use a backing track etc. With ASIO drivers you should be able to route DAW channels to whatever input channel you want on the Model12.

Reactions: -mjk-
For windows I'm using a program called "Asio Link Pro" to route audio around to individual faders, then route (and mix) them back to Virtual Outputs then assign it to specific programs.

New threads

Members online