Model 12 renamed files corrupted on PC

pnw@4013

From
Columbus Ohio
Gear owned
TASCAM Model 12
I'm stumbling around on how to add a post so this may be in the wrong place. I want to duplicate songs in the MTR folder to preserve a base recording and do some experiments with a 2nd version. I read a post that explained the best way to do this is copy the song to the PC and rename it on the Model 12 then copy the original back to the MTR folder on the SD card. That seems to work good on the Model 12 , however songs that are renamed on the Model 12 are showing as corrupted and empty on the PC. it even prevents copying the MTR folder to the PC because it sees corrupted files inside. I'm using rev 1.30 with a Windows 10 Pro PC. Anyone have insight into this problem?
Thanks

Quick tip: copy all the tracks in the original song folder to MUSIC folder and import them into a new blank song. This can be done taking the SD to the computer or connecting the Model 12 in storage mode to the computer.

Reactions: -mjk-
So it is normal for songs renamed on the Model 12 to be seen as corrupted on the PC? I've imported tracks before so I assume this will work, however I'm trying to determine if there's something wrong with my gear.

Hi @pnw@4013,
in most case when a song gets corrupted it happens on the Model side and not on the computer, it's hard to diagnose the cause without seeing exactly your procedure. Try copying the SD contents to another freshly formatted card and see if the issue is still present. If not, continue working on the SD and format the old one with the Model 12.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.