Model 12 wave file rejected for Bandcamp

jazzmaster

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi all

I recently acquired a Model 12 as part of may home studio recording setup. I took a couple of months to get what I thought was the song just right and attempted to post it to Bandcamp. I could not do so as I think the message read it was not a "lossless file" ! I had recorded direct to the unit, no DAW with 48Hz/24bit. I found this frustrating as I have previously had no issue posting songs recorded with my Scarlet Focusrite! I had recorded these through Ableton lite software. Not sure if this has made any difference. Any comments suggestions? Much appreciated in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,

Just guessing here, but it could be that the error message was a generic one and not really telling you that the file is indeed lossless.
Instead it could be that the file you’re trying to send to Bandcamp is a BWF wav-file and perhaps Bandcamp can’t handle such files (and therefor issues that generic warning although in this case misleading).

So you could try to convert the file to a ”regular” wav file and try uploading that instead.

Check if Ableton has such a conversion or if there are different export settings you can use. Or just use a simple program like Audacity (on a PC) and convert/reexport the file.

Hope this can guide you in the right direction.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.