Model 16 as an interface

Dr Jon Morgan

Gear owned
M-16
Hello, I am an old Msr 16 user and will be for life! however, at our music Academy I have bought a model 16 that works OK (shame about the limitations though) and want to use it as an interface as well as stand alone.
We have downloaded the drivers, it shows the display and we have set the audio, we have set the cakewalk by Bandlab preferences so all should be good to go but there is no connection, the model says mismatch. The sample rate or whatever is not right but how do you get this machine to talk with the DAW/

Help, we have students trying to record and learn how to record. (Ccampa.org)
Many thanks
JON

I have Model 24, and the only time I have the message "mismatch" pop up, is when I haven't set the same sample rate in both Model 24 AND the DAW. Meaning you have to have the same setup in both. Ex. 16/24 bit and 44,1K/48K

Well... I use Presonus Studio One, so I don't know how Bandlab by Cakewalk works, but there have to be somewhere in the "audio" menus there, where you can choose what bitrate etc that you should use.

Regarding the Model 16 (and Model 24 in my case), you have to have the "TASCAM Model Mixer settings panel" installed. (And of course the latest firmware/drivers to). There you can choose the sample rate/frequency.

From the Model 24 manual page 43:
"Sample rate: This shows the sampling frequency of the current song. If an SD card is not loaded, this shows the sampling frequency set by the computer".

Also... start up the Model 16... put in the SD-card... create a new song... program that songs properties sample/bit-rate in the menus of Model 16 itself. Then check the "TASCAM Model Mixer settings panel" so it have the same values... and then do the same thing inside Bandlab by Cakewalk.

After these 7 steps everything SHOULD be OK. Also don't forget to use Tascam's own ASIO drivers, otherwise you wont be able to use more than two channels as far as I understand it

Hope this helps.:)

Owner's Manual (English, Français, Español) 10-20-2020 efs_model16_om_vc.pdf 11.9 MB

New threads

Members online

No members online now.