Model 24 channel issue (fader inaccuracy and drop outs)

jondrethegiant

Gear owned
Model 24, Porta 414
NEWBIE ALERT! I searched the forum for something similar but no luck...

My issue is on my Model 24, channel 3, (and not present on any other channel, PFL is not engaged).

When I have audio running into channel 3 and bussed to the main or sub fader, the audio will randomly cut out, play super loud or low regardless of fader position. When I go to lower the fader it has no affect on the signal and will eventually stop being crazy and regain its accuracy. I have tried multiple sound sources and cables but the problem remains. I am out of warranty and would need to pay for service so I am hoping to avoid that option. Any ideas?????

Welcome to the forum. The issue you describe could be caused by a defective fader or just a cold soldering in the pcb. If you have some competence in DIY electronics you could open the case and take a closer look in the fader area (better with a magnifying glass). Search for "power switch" topic in this forum to get some inspiration and get an idea on how to disassemble the case. I don't know of Model Series service manual on the web so I fear you are on your own.
If you are not sure how to proceed don't expose yourself and the equipment to unnecessary risks and ask a qualified technician.

Reactions: jondrethegiant

New threads

Members online