Model 24 internal effects stopped working

Wanatan Tall

Gear owned
Model 24
Hi all

Newb to this forum, but not a total newb. The internal effects on my Model 24 have stopped working. I have tried every channel, and effect, changing all the parameters as I go. The other 2 sends work fine (I use them for external effects). I have turned the effects on and off, initialised the settings, and factory reset the mixer.

Does any one have any ideas why this would happen?

Many thanks

Jon

Hi @Wanatan Tall,
welcome to the forum. Assuming you have already checked any control and settings about the FX unit (is it disabled/muted? Look at the relative icons on the screen), I would check the Fx Out jack that -if defective or misused- could switch the Fx unit off even if there is nothing plugged in.

Reactions: -mjk-
The other 2 sends work fine (I use them for external effects)
Pardon the intrusion. I have PortaStudio's. BUT: with those, when something is plugged into the SEND1, the internal FX are disabled.

. I have PortaStudio's. BUT: with those, when something is plugged into the SEND1, the internal FX are disabled.

Off topic: wow. On my original DP-32 inserting a plug in the Send 1 jack does not break the internal FX connection. Yet another difference with the SD version?

Reactions: Max Relic
On the Model 16 and 24 there 3 aux sends, the rightmost one in the AUX section of the top panel is "FX" and does inhibit internal effects when plugged. The Model 12 have 2 AUX sends, the one connected to internal effects is AUX 2 and I found it too sensitive to partial jack insertion, i.e. you can't reliably use it with half-inserting a jack in order to use both internal effects and the AUX Send.

Many thanks for your considered responses. Yes, I had accidentally plugged a cable into the FX out for weeks, without realising it was even there. Why is it always the simplest of things!?! Turns out I am a newb! Thanks again.

Reactions: Max Relic

New threads

Members online

No members online now.