Model Mixer Driver not working

looneyprog

Gear owned
Model 16
I've downloaded the latest Model Mixer installer 1.10 and installed it on my laptop, Windows 10.

I'm picking Model Mixer ASIO in Ableton's Audio preferences.

In Ableton's Link MIDI preferences, I've also added MIDI MIX Model 16 to my Control Surface Input and Output devices.

• I can create an External Instrument track linked to Model 16 Audio track and I can see the audio signal from the instruments plugged in the Mixer. But I can't hear no sound at all.

• Neither I can hear no sound from the rest of Midi tracks in Ableton that are not plugged to the mixer, such as VST instrument tracks.

• If I pick ASIO4ALL Driver instead of MODEL MIXER, everything works OK as usual, but then I can't create an External Instrument track linked to Model 16 Audio track anymore.

What I want to do is both things working at once in Ableton:
  • -MIDI tracks for VST instruments.
  • -AUDIO tracks from the Model 16 that I can control physically from the Mixer
I've been using a Behringer Audio Interface and I didn't have such issues before. I wonder if Model 16 is not compatible at all Ableton Live 10, since I cannot find any information online at all. I such case, I would regret to return it, because I really dig this mixer.

Thank you very much!

You will need to "map" the output on the VST instrument tracks to the Model 16. You can either do this by setting a send of 13/14 to all of the desired midi channels so that when they play you can hear them through the mixer, or if you have enough free channels, you can use them 1-1, 2 to 2 etc. Do be mindful of the work flow. If you are recording tracks via the MTR built in to the mixer, and you want to import them into Ableton, you will have to switch to storage mode and copy them over to your working directory for your project/song and then import them into your session in Ableton. Then you can create a discrete send if you want to mix back to the mixer. Also, be aware of the selection on each channel strip. Unlike some mixers that just send the computer output back to the mixer on one or 2 stereo feeds, the Model 16 and 24 have individual selections for each channel strip. Be sure to select PC if using the Model 16 as an interface and MTR if recording to the built in recorder.

Reactions: Brute Coan
Is it possible to send the master channel 23/34 back through the DAW? I've successfully set up my I/O configuration for all tracks but the 23/24.

Track 23 and Track 24 are input only. NOT output. I work around this by using Tracks 21 and 22 (which is the bluetooth channel strip anyways) as the default Master output

Reactions: Brute Coan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.