Model12: Playback from MTR into Logic for recording

chvario

Gear owned
Model 12
Can someone point me to to a way to play back what I had previously recorded on my Model12 and record it in Logic. I couldn't find a solution via google, I feel I might be missing something fundamental.

Intuitively I attempted to set it up this way:
On the Model12:
I set the Mode of each channel to "MTR"- so when I press "Play" I am playing what I had recorded onto those tracks in the Model12.
In Logic:
I set up 8 channels (7 and 8 are Stereo), and have the Model12 Soundcard's input channels 1 through 9/10 mapped to those Logic channels.

My expectation was that if I arm the channels in Logic (toggle the red R) and I press play on the Model12, the tracks played back on the Model12 should come into the Logic Channel inputs.

But that doesn't happen. Instead I have the Mixer Inputs going into the Logic channel.

A workaround is to import the audio tracks via Storage mode, but then I need to import the whole tracks.

I am not sure whether what I want to do is implemented, but I suspect it would be, this seems to be a common use case, right?

Thank you.

Just tried this on my model 24 in reaper and the only way i found to do this was to set the track input in reaper to channels 23/24 on the model 24 then you will be recording the main mix you can then mute any channels on the 24 you dont want to record all EQ FX and Pan settings on the 24 are allso recorded repeat on new tracks in reaper for each different channel you wish to record iwould think this would work for model 12 but cant be sure hope this helps.By the way make sure you have the main button pressed in for the channels you wish to record. All the best Rob

New threads

Members online

No members online now.