Modifying contents of SD Card

Jersild83

Gear owned
Tascam Model 16
Wondering if the following example scenario is possible:

I'd like to record tracks on the Tascam, then pop out the SD card and make some adjustments to the tracks on my Mac, then put the SD card back into the Tascam for final mixing.

Is this possible, or would I have to completely re-import each WAVE file I edited and re-build the song track by track?

An example of what I'd like to do is record with a metronome on the unit, then put the SD card into my mac and replace the metronome with a drum track, place the SD card back into the unit to continue working.

I understand there may be metadata and headers that tell the unit how long the track is, etc. I am fairly computer savvy, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

You likely could do this be saving back the edited files into the original project folder overwriting the files in the MTR subfolder. For my personal workflow, I record the session, then switch to SD card reader mode to copy the session to my computer. (I don't bother swapping out the card) Then I import the session files into Reaper preserving the track order. I have a template for this in Reaper where I have the 22 tracks already created with sends configured for each track to the corresponding track on the Model 24. For this config, I have Master output either removed or if I didn't record anything on the bluetooth channel, I'll use Tracks 21/22 for Master output.

I do my normal "in the box" editing in Reaper and then when I'm ready to "print" to the Master track on the Model 24, I'll play the track and either record the Master using the Model 24 (hitting record with no tracks armed) or create a new stereo track in my Daw session with input set to Tracks 23/24 to record the EQ settings I have set on the Model 24. Remember to set the channel strips on the Model 24 to "PC" in order for this sending to work.

If you haven't done so already, you'll want to download the software for Mac as well as upgrade the firmware.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.