Monitor Mixes

rickrhoda

Gear owned
DM3200
I'm just getting into my board (DM3200) and I need to get more mixes out of the board. I am using the 4 assignable sends to get 4 monitor mixes. I need to get at least 2 more monitor mixes. Can the assignable returns be used as sends somehow? If not, how can I get more monitor mixes?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

rickrhoda said:
Can the assignable returns be used as sends somehow?
No.
If not, how can I get more monitor mixes?
Use the STUDIO outputs of your DM.

I that is not enough, get an analog expansion card or external D/A converter (ADAT or TDIF -> analog).

The analog board is a great tool for (Much Needed) analog expansion. 8 ins, 8 outs.

Don't forget you have two headphone outputs as well. You could even split each one with 1/4" "Y" adapters and send those to a typical 4 channel headphone amp. Of course, everyone would be listening to the same thing.

I like the idea of being able to switch the assignable returns to sends via an output page option for 8 total sends. Hmmm... Maybe make the sends switchable to inputs as well. Seems like just a software update.

TascMan said:
Seems like just a software update.
Definitely not.You can't transform a A/D converter into D/A converter with software.

Think about the hardware involved. How would you change this:
DSP ENGINE -> D/A converter -> output amp
into this:
input amp -> A/D converter -> DSP ENGINE

Only DSP ENGINE here is programmable with software.

OK. Thanks. Got it.
it was just a fun "what if" thought.

The easy way is to use a Behringer ADA 8000 over the ADAT litepipe connector, gives you 8 extra analog ins and 8 analog outs, for $250 new and typically a lot less used.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.