Monitor Question

@skier re: Mark Richards posts(s) Definitely a keeper (thank you copy / paste)

Generally, yes. Depends on the type of tweeter and dispersion arc - some are narrow - very directional; others are wider - as much as a 120° arc. Follow the OM for the speaker.

Or my personal favorite: placing them upright or on their side to fit the studio, but the aperture is designed for the other orientation. As I recall, there used to be 2 versions of the NS10 and that could get you.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Mark: I see you have a lot of insight here - I feel tempted to upload my measurement results just to hear what someone not involved in the process might say ... o_O

Hey Snaf, I would love to see your measurement data!

@skier re: Mark Richards posts(s) Definitely a keeper (thank you copy / paste)

Let me know if I may help with making a sticky post thread for equipment tips. (I'll take this post down soon).

Or my personal favorite: placing them upright or on their side to fit the studio, but the aperture is designed for the other orientation. As I recall, there used to be 2 versions of the NS10 and that could get you.
AFAIK, Yamaha did indeed produce versions of the NS-10 with the wording correct for upright and for horizontal placement, but I'm pretty sure these were technically exactly the same speakers - there is no aperture to the tweeters anyway.

It was 3 decades ago, but I do recall someone rotating the tweeters to change the orientation.

OK @-mjk- now you got me looking in the Owner's Manual ;)
It says: "The NS-10M Studio speakers are basically designed for horizontal placement [] According to your requirements, however, the positions of the speakers may be reversed or they may be placed vertically with no effect on reproduction quality."

This is about the ones I have, the NS-10M Studio (bought new in late 90s) and it may not be true for the earlier NS-10s from the 80s..

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks for looking that up, @Arjan P. I didn't mean to keep you awake at night, lol. That being said, there definitely are monitors that are designed for specific orientation.

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.