More Tracks.... Please

JasonJS

From
Maine USA
Gear owned
2488MKII DR07MKII
Anyone else wish that they had 12 tracks to record to....

I lot of what I have and intend to do is ensembles, and with the drum kit, I would like 4 mics min for it, keys,bass, guitar,harp/horn add 4 more, leaving 3 vox and spare for 2nd guitar amp.. as it has been if I am going to record I sub group the drums and record the entire drums set on one track.... leaving 7 tracks for the rest of the band....

The current format is 10+ years old, surely by now adding more tracks is technically no where near the challenge it might have been when the platform was first designed. .. now do not get me wrong... I really feel my used 2488MkII is an awesome tool that really allows for some great recordings...

Here is a link to a few recordings made last summer.. mind you, these are off the cuff bar recordings...

I midi linked my two DP24's giving me 16 simultaneously recording tracks. I'm into recording my live ensemble too. This is what I do: my drum set uses 4 tom mikes/2 over head mikes/1-bass drum mike/1-snare mike/1-timbales mike/ 2 Alesis PercPads with MIDI SC 550. The setup: The bass drum direct to DP24 track 6, snare direct to DP24 track 5; Connections to 12 channel Mackie Mixer: overheads to tracks 1 and 2 panned L/R; timbales to track 3 panned Left; toms to tracks 5/7/9/12 (stereo panned); PercPads to Stereo AUX Returns 1/2. From the Mackie to DP24's tracks 1,2,3,4. Now 2 tracks free 1-DP24 and 8 tracks available on 2nd DP24.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.