Moving Tracks

Nick Walsh

Gear owned
Model 24
Hi, I've just come up with a quick(ish) way to move tracks about so I thought I'd share it in case anyone else has the same requirements as me (basically to use channels 1 and 2 to record instruments using the inserts, and then shove the recorded track somewhere else to free up tracks 1 and 2 for more instruments).

Go into Storage mode on the Tascam, and then in your connected PC, copy your recorded track to the MUSIC folder of the Tascam. Then exit Storage mode, go to Import and your track will appear in a list of all tracks in the MUSIC folder. Select your recorded track and choose which empty track you'd like to import it to. Once done, you can delete the original track to free it up for more recording.

Of course it would be much better if they'd update the firmware so you could do it all on the Tascam. I read on here a while ago about some major improvements promised for 2020, but the latest firmware doesn't seem to have any new functionality. Oh well, fingers crossed for the next update.

That is a nice trick that users of Model 16 and 24 could use.
But with the Model 12 this function is already available as the "Track Swap" function.
Press Menu, then go to MTR>Track Edit>Track Swap.
Here you chose which track (A) should be moved to the new track (B). Press Yes and it's done.

New threads

Staff online

Members online