MU-1000 replacement cable needed

Marko Grujic

Gear owned
DM-4800
Hi there, I bought second hand MU-1000 without a cable. I need to connect it to my DM-4800.
Can anyone help me finding replacement cable on the web, wiring scheme will do, too.
Cheers, Marko.

I was in the same situation as you. I called Tascam in the US and they sold me directly for 30USD plus shipping

Thanks for the reply. I contacted tascam today and waiting for their answer. They sell some CD cables on the site but there is no cable that I need in regular sale. Anyone has pin scheme for making it?

Call the parts department during business hours like I did and they will send you the cable

No response from Tascam`s support yet...
Any other option? Scheme?

You need to call them

I called them, they sad that I can not buy cable directly from them, they don't have it.
Please, I would appreciate very much if you could do me a simple favor:
Can you do basic diagnostics of your MU-1000 cable and tell me if it's straight pin, or it is wired different? If it is straight pin layout, I can easily buy it in local computer store but I'm affraid of making a mistake because some of that pins transfer power-electricity. If I make wrong layout of pins, I can do some damage. You can check easily pin layout with digital multimeter, if you have it.

Sorry, I do not have the tools to provide you that info. Perhaps Tascam can provide you the technical specs you need. I know there are schematics on the Cascade cable on the forum but I never saw any diagrams for the MU-1000 cable.

You can use a standard db25 male to female. This cable can be bought in almost any computerstore.

It works! It is standard straight-pin cable. No cross-wiring. Thanks everybody! I think that should be noted by Tascam somewhere in the manual, however...

That's a huge bit of info. I wish I knew when I had to source an original. I ended up getting it from Tascam at a premium price.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.