MX 2424 analog card issue

GypsyBonesStudios

Gear owned
2488 MKii and DP 24SD
Hi, newbie here...
I have a MX-2424 that has the analog and optical cards installed. When I try to change the input of the tracks to analog, it gives an error message "inputs not available" for all of the tracks. The digital appears to be the default, and 2 channel is working as well it seems. Is there an issue or conflict with having both of those cards in place or any other ideas? Cables are all hooked up correctly to my Mackie 32-8 (24 channels only hooked) and to the MX 2424. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

There should be no problem having both these cards installed. I run 2 machines both with exactly this configuration with no issues. I would open the box up & check that the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the analog card is seated properly. Maybe just reseat it anyway.

Thanks for the responses, guys! After opening the unit, I found the power connector to the analog card was loose. Plugged it back in correctly and issue solved!!! This brought another question, is there supposed to be two ribbon cables connected to the card? There are two stacked boards with power and ribbon connectors, now only the lower one is connected and has power. I will try to go through all the connection options to see if everything is working, but I thought I might ask that question in case you guys may know the answer. Thanks for the help!!

Think you need both of them connected, but am not near my MX's to pop the lid and confirm.

Rob, thanks and I agree but I don't know how that is possible without another port on the main board for the ribbon cable or some sort of siamese connector. The other power connector is there with the one that is plugged in. I am going to try tonight, but my guess is I will have signal into the inputs (where the current ribbon cable and power plug are connected, lower input section of the AN-2424) but probably no output from the top ports without that other ribbon cable port connection. Could be wrong, but I will find out tonight. The input error message went away entirely now which was a HUGE relief thanks to both you and Witzendoz!! If you find out more, please let me know. Thanks again for your help!!

I may be wrong about this, as I said I'm not near my MX's to take a look.

Understood, no problem. It only makes sense they both should be connected to be fully functional, but maybe not. Maybe there is some other reason or configuration for that port.

MX2424 analog card update: Alan/Rob, after some trial and error on the connections I will need to get a different ribbon cable to connect both of the boards as expected.
The errors are all gone, tracks lay down and play back on the unit. Without power to the output section, of course there is no signal back to the mixer until I change the connection which it then works. I just have to find a Siamese ribbon cable to get this up and running and hopefully it is off to the races! Thank you both for your help, I will update you again once I track down that cable and hook it all up. I am assuming now the previous owner of this unit only used the digital output with analog input and didn't need to use the analog outs. I am able to send the signal through the digital outs to my DAW for mastering, but being an old dog I still want the ability to mix on the board as well keeping all the options open. Thanks again!!

FINAL UPDATE MX2424 Analog Card Issue...

Alan/Rob: The new ribbon cable (3 connectors) solved the problem entirely for $9.99 delivered on Amazon! The MX is now working as it should, flawlessly and amazing recording quality. Thanks again for your help and maybe this thread will help someone else. Take care, guys!!

New threads

Staff online

Members online