MX2424 doesn't send MMC start/stop via MIDI 5-pin?

Eric Peterson

Assistance requested! :)

The Tascam docs suggest that it should (might?) send MMC, but inspecting the MIDI stream from the 5pin DIN outs only shows MTC.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is this an OS version-specific behavior?

Thank you!

I would not have thought that the MX would send MMC via the midi socket, where did you read this?

What are you trying to do there may be another way to do this.

Alan.

My hope was that I could have playback/record on the MX2424 trigger playback on my MIDI sequencer.

The Product Overview here http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/305/MX-2424_TECHDOC.pdf lists

"- MIDI In/Out/Thru for MMC, MTC, MIDI Clock"

And for APPLICATIONS:

"If you still want to have a remote, you can use MMC from your sequencer or mixer"

SYNCHRONIZATION:

"MIDI ports are available for MMC (MIDI Machine Control), MTC (MIDI Time Code) and MIDI Clock applications. This is handy for users who want to use the MX-2424 with MIDI sequencers. You do not have to use a track for striping time code, and you don't have to buy an extra box to generate the code. It's all built in."

"MIDI ports allow the MX-2424 to respond to MMC (MIDI Machine Control), generate MIDI Clock, as well as generate and lock to MTC (MIDI Time Code.)"

"MIDI ports allow standard MMC (MIDI Machine Control) from digital consoles and sequencers."

...so I guess it is just to respond to MMC rather than send it out. :(

I will see if I can reconfigure to have the MX2424 started & stopped by the sequencer instead.

...so I guess it is just to respond to MMC rather than send it out. :(

I will see if I can reconfigure to have the MX2424 started & stopped by the sequencer instead.

I think thats what it means, you can control the MX from an external source.

I must admit that I have never really used a midi port on the MX successfully, I tried to get MTC from it once but even that seemed to not work, I have used SMPTE to lock and have the MX chase, and I use SMPTE out to sync my console for automation, plus Lock an old Atari 1040 to it LOL. I could not get MTC from the MX to lock my computer to the MX via MIDI so I use the ATARI as a MTC generator from SMPTE. So anything you find out about Midi and the MX please post. I may have not set something correctly.

Alan.

Fwiw-- I monitored the MIDI out of the MX on my laptop, and could see MTC being generated and sent via the MX MIDI out.... (but alas, no MMC.)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.