Mx2424 with RAID array... Or

English Billy1

Gear owned
mx-2424
Hi guys, I have located what I hope is an affordable solution to my storage (for recording onto..) and back-up needs..
I would like to know if anyone has tried successfully using a RAID array? I have found a four drive enclosure with 68 pin connections but the seller does tell me it's configured to act like a large 'single' drive with the controller in it.. Does that make sense? The total capacity is 240 gb I believe. So that seems to imply four 60 gb drives..
Perhaps I could just use one drive of the four at once..?
Any advise or info gratefully appreciated!!
The price is good and the unit is apparently virtually new/unused :
Billy (very happy mx2424 user..)

A little bit of guesswork, but from experience. I think you will find that the MX will not see the Raid, it will not recognise the size of the 4 drives together. It could possible see 1 of the 4 drives if used separately but if depends how this is achieved. I think that with a little rebuilding you may be able to make a multi drive enclosure, but it depends on how the scsi drive ID numbers be allocated, does this hold 68pin or 80 pin drives internally?

The drive size does not look correct, SCSI drives come in the sizes: 9, 18, 36 72gig. The actual drive size shown on the MX is a little smaller due to the registries being written when you format / initialise.

Alan.

Thanks Alan - good man, I have asked the vendor for the raw unformatted drive sizes and the rear drive pin layout for the internal connections... : I hope I can get this set-up to work because it's neat and he even has the cable and terminator (not Arnie..)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.