MX2424

Richard Muik

Gear owned
1 -MX2424SE 1-MX2424
Hi all, I'm an extreme noob to recording. I purchased 2 MX's ones an SE with a RC 2424 and 9 drives.
I've connected it to the analog direct outs on my Mackie board and have recorded successfully I believe as the meters move. I've tried to run playback thru the optical out to my home receiver and get nothing. I'm at a loss as to how to connect this to hear recording's.

Why don't you run from the analog out to your home receiver aux ins?

The optical out is an adat configured 8 channels per plug optical out which may not be compatible with the home receiver.

You have to configure the MX to playback through the optical out or the analog out.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I couldn’t find anything in the setup menu to activate optical out, I just figured the digital and analog outs were always active. Am thinking now I’ll just get a db25 to xlr snake and run it back to my board, would that work?

I couldn’t find anything in the setup menu to activate optical out, I just figured the digital and analog outs were always active.

You may be right there, now I think about it the menu may only be for input routing.
Not something I change often.

The XLR snake back to the board should work, WARNING! if you are connecting the XLR outs from the analog card, make shure the phantom power is not on. If you plug into phantom power you will blow the capacitors on the board, 2 caps for each channel.

Alan.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.