My dp-03 stops during mastering

Craig Jolly

Gear owned
Tascam DPS 32
Hi ...

I am trying to mix and master a simple file. The mixing is fine. But during mastering, the machine just stops, apparently for no reason. It has done this a couple of times about four seconds into the song, and a couple of times about a minute into the song.

I have unplugged the machine and started over a few times. I also tried copying the file to some sort of Partition. I'm not one hundred percent sure when I tried to load the newly copied file that I got the right one. I chose the bottom file on the list.

Could this be a disc error? Any other ideas? Thank you for your help.

Craig

Hi Craig, need a bit more information.
When you say you did this a couple of times, was this just the mastering step or did you go back and mixdown again?

If the stop point seems random, it sounds like an sd-card error.

If the sd-card is working ok, the normal mixdown stop point is defined by the OUT point, unless you press Stop manually during the mixdown, in which case the master file will be shorter.
Mastering processes the master file created by the mixdown. It ignores IN & OUT points and will stop when the end of the file is reached, or if you press Stop manually. If you did the latter, the master file will be truncated so repeated mastering runs will only process that amount.

I notice your previous posts were about the DP-24/32. Your avatar details says DPS 32, so are we definitely talking about a DP-03 here? You also mention "disc error", so is this the CD disc? Is it a DP-03 or DP-03SD?

Thanks, Phil. This was on a DP-3 that I used for small stuff.

I replaced the disc and it seems like that fixed the problem. I didn't get an error message -- the machine just froze. Thanks again.

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online

No members online now.