My Model 24 died tonight

Brytas

From
So.Cal
Gear owned
Model 24
Please help Model 24 just shut down and went out on me. I tried to restart it pressing down the jog wheel and it wont turn on. don't want to sent it back unless I have to. I just got it on Monday it was working fine and now nothing. Any ideas are much appreciated thanks.

Will it boot without the SD card?

That's not my question. There are reports that it may not boot up with the SD card installed. He should attempt to start it without any SD card installed.

I'm going to ask the dumb questions, because sometimes it pays to not overlook the obvious:

Is the 24's power chord fully inserted in the back of the unit?

Is the 24's power plug fully inserted in the wall outlet?

Does the wall outlet have power?

Is the 24 plugged into a power strip?

Does the power strip have power?

Reactions: Brytas
Update thanks guys, good news and bad. So I found out the reason why my 24 was not turning on or booting up. The problem is the power plugin on the back of the unit. today I
flip the switch and again no power and after moving and adjusting the power cord the unit did turn on then off then on again. I have been able to record and playback, all effects work in the M 24 . I have recorded acoustic guitar 1 Through my DAW Protools and 2. To the SD card and 3. did a recording with my old TEAC A-3340 and sent it to the board and recorded it to the SD Card and mixed down the 2 track in the menu screen. Fyi I'm going out from the Sub Outputs on the M24 to the Line inputs 1 and 3 on the TEAC 4 track tape machine and out of the tape machine to inputs 15/16 17/18 Left mono only on each so tracks 15 and 16 pan hard left and hard right. It is analog so ya there is some noise but that is what it is. Nice to have the USB for so many options. keep on recording. not much else to do these days anyway. stay home if you can and be safe.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Sometimes those power chords need a good push to seat properly in the recepticle.

Glad to see you're back in business.

Reactions: Brytas
It is still shutting off periodically and I have to tap the unit in the back by the power on off switch. a few firm taps and boom it goes on again and it works. I am convinced there is a short or a loose wire connection in the box.

Kind of sounds like it. Did you order it or get it from a local retailer? Either way, I would take it back and get one without problems.

It will only get worse. So, don't delay the inevitable. Send it back and get a replacement that works properly.

Wanted to chime in that I'm having similar problems with my Model 12. Recently it takes me several flips of the power switch to get it to turn on. Sometimes I'll hear sound like a whining coming out of the speakers while the screen is off, I have to turn it off, then on, then off, on again. Tascam wants me to ship it all the way to L.A. from Chicago, which will cost quite a bit. Considering I'm under warranty, would be great if they could sent a prepaid label for it.

New threads

Members online