New DR-22WL owner ..distortion/phasing issue?

Tasc1

Gear owned
DR-22WL
Hi all.

Been using my new DR-22WL for about a week & everything was good until yesterday.

Now when I record the stereo input I have a weird distortion / phasing issue?

Have double checked the input cable, reverbs off etc

Can't think what it can be as was recording fine before this.

Only thing I can think is the mini jack input has gone faulty.

Obviously not impressed if this has happened within a week.

Update - The unit records fine in Mono mode but the problem is recording in stereo?

Any one got any other ideas what it could be? or anyone had a faulty input?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Do you mean the trouble manifests while recording through the Jack input but not through the internal microphones?

Yes, exactly that.

Jack input was faulty after one week's use.

Got a refund as sadly not confident with recording via a mini jack input due to this experience.

Looking at other options now but can't decide as I see many others have similar issues after a while, even on units with 1/4 inch jack input's.

I'm mainly interested in recording stereo via line in input.

So looking for the best sub £150 option. The WiFi (which also didn't work 100% on the DR-22WL) seemed a great added option.

If the WiFi had worked well & the input hadn't broken this would have been perfect for me.

I do agree about wifi, too unreliable to be useful. I lost a complete concert record due to wifi issue and never used anymore!
For the 3.5 mm jack I mainly use the output one and no problem so far.
Like the recorder anyway although the wifi was what convinced me to buy this recorder with respect to other alternatives. But then revealed not to be actually a plus.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.