New Drivers 3.1 (16x08), yay us, let's see how it works now

Scarlettlol

Gear owned
16x08
Description says they fixed the bug (DAWS crashing when having several inputs enabled). If they did I am gonna love those guys.

So far so good for me on Samplitude Pro X3. The only thing I had to do was reconfigure the speakers in Windows Hardware and Sound, Manage Audio devices. The default is a 7.1 surround speaker configuration and had to change it to Stereo.

Yeah, it seems it works great now. I have to set Open Sound Settings>Sound Control Panel>right click "Speakers US-16x08" Device>Properties>Advanced and set Default Format to 24 bit 48khz so it matches (kinda) my DAW settings and good to go. Sound from any source (DAW or Youtube) at the same time as it should be.

Are we happy now? I hope so.

I’m gonna update this weekend, but I admit I’m anxious about uninstalling my old software driver correctly. do I just go to my Control Panel (Windows 7) and use the Uninstall Programs app there?

I'd say if you have the installer of your older drivers, then it's a no brainer trying the latest now. I use Revouninstaller FREE (portable) so every trace of anything I uninstall is erased. (Pro tip: Disable create restore point first in settings, otherwise it will take "forever").

I just followed the instructions and pretty much the first thing that happened was the installer uninstalled the previous version.

Capture.PNG

I'm not gonna be near my unit until tomorrow. I'll let ya know. [fingers crossed emoji]

Last edited:
Everything worked completely fine. Kind of even forgot about the update.

Reactions: Scarlettlol
Awesome. Even though it's working, I have had some white noise explosions here and there...

New threads

Members online