New member, new deck (Tascam 48)

thewonders

Gear owned
Teac A-3340S, Tascam 48
Hello everyone. First post on this forum. I've owned a Teac 3340 almost all of my adult life, but recently I acquired a Tascam 48. The heads look very good so I'm just waiting for some 1/2 inch tape to arrive to I can start recording. But I have a couple of questions:

1) Are there any techs in the Northern California/Southern Oregon area? I'd like to get the 48 checked out before I start using it for real projects.

2) The deck came with a homemade wooden rack, which is too bulky for my music room. Did the 48 come with feet (a la a deck like the 3340)? Because there are no feet or mounts on the bottom and if I set the deck upright the full weight of the deck (and this is a heavy deck!) rests on the screws for the electronics access panel on the bottom, and that doesn't seem good. Or were these decks intended to spend their lives in a rack?

Thanks.

Yes, The 48 had the plastic feet the 30 series had on them with two screws per foot at each corner. In the absence of feet of the original type I would opt for the wood feet made by a guy in Texas that would take the weight off the calibration plate cover and and put the weight back into the edges where the frame is. The only person in CA that fixes those is closer south in Canuga Park and is Adrian Pro Audio.
http://adrianproaudio.com/contact/

Ken is the guy who makes wood feet for a lot of units.
His E mail is kenstroup@tx.rr.com

New threads

Members online

No members online now.