New user - Sound only from left speaker

t0dg3r

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hi guys, can't find this exact thing anywhere.

I recently bought a Tascam model 12. I've managed to get it working as my main computer interface (Macbook pro 2021) and working with ableton..... but

Whenever its connected as a usb interface, the only sound I get is through the left speaker.

It is the case for both ableton and all other computer sound. When it is switched to direct model I get stereo sound like normal. I can also have it working as an input and when I route the output sound through my mac speakers, it comes out in stereo.

I've reinstalled the drivers and still nothing.

I can only think it is a setting on the Tascam that is doing it but can't find what it is. The left side is the only side that lights up on the main level on the Tascam.

The only thing I haven't done is updated the firmware since I do not yet have an sd card yet.

Any ideas? It feels like a quick fix, just one I don't know how to solve.

so i've just found out it only goes to the left speaker only when I choose a daw in the mode window. it has to be a routing issue but im still stumped.

The audio is connected to line one on the Tascam somehow as I can effect the master sound through the left speaker with the compressor and the eq's on track one. When I switch the track one mode off pc I loose the sound all together.

I don't understand why all the sound from my computer is passing through channel 1 of my tascam but it would explain why its only half the signal.

Last edited:
Fixed. I hadn’t realised that putting it in daw control changed a lot of the channel functions. I had the main mix send button on channel one clicked on but not on channel two.

If anyone knows of a diagram that clearly shows the button routing for Ableton live then I’d love to see it so I’m not shooting in the dark.

other than that, this mystery has been solved.

Reactions: -mjk-
@t0dg3r welcome to the Tascam Forums, and thank you very much for the complete followup to your issue! It really benefits the knowledge base when users also post the resolution to the problem (even if it makes them look bad! lol). Looking forward to having you on the forums.

New threads

Members online